Monday, May 12, 2008

Cocoa to Daytona Beach




The morning was windy so Bob decided to drive from the lower station.
(note the details)










Later in the morning the weather was much better so we moved to the flybridge.
I get to drive for awhile. The auto-pilot could have been helping me!









This is one of the swing bridges that opens upon request when boats need to pass through.




We have been gone for one week. The people we have talked to have been so interesting and so helpful. The Cuban dockboy in Miami was amazed that I couldn't swim. He said I was the first person he had ever known that couldn't swim. Every person we meet has such an interesting background. I really can't imagine all the experiences we're going to have in the next few months. We're very lucky to be able to do this.
Tuesday we're headed to Jacksonville where we will leave the boat to fly home Thursday to celebrate Ray's first birthday!!!















1 comment:

Sally E said...

Hi, Diane gave me your website so I could follow your trip. It sounds like great fun. Can't wait to read more.
We'll miss you guys this summer. Hopefully the ice will be off the lake by Memorial Weekend!
Have a great and safe trip
Sally E
EIEIOWE