Friday, May 9, 2008

Marathon Key to Miami


We left Marathon on Thursday morning with the help of a good guy on the boat next to us, Bob Kennedy. We had one fender go in the water, got that one quite easily but as we left the slip we lost another one. We had to back up and get that one, that meant me with the boat hook. Bob did an excellent job and I actually retrieved it without too much trouble. It was going to be one of those days.
The seas were about 4' to 6' swells with 15 knt. wind on the starboard bow. The water was coming over the bridge so Bob had to drive from the lower station. I wasn't much help today because I was seasick. We finally arrived at the Miami Beach Marina, much to my relief. Just watching the huge boats arrive and depart from there is amazing.
No matter how far we are from Little Falls Bob keeps in contact with the guys. Here he is talking to one of them after we are in our slip.

No comments: