Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Johnsonville, TN

Sunday, November 9th, we left at 7:00 a.m and it was cold, cloudy and dreary. The temperature was 38 degrees and we both had 5 layers on of clothes. Bob had bought a stocking cap to wear so he was all set! We didn't last an hour before we went down below to drive. Our trip now takes us on the Tennessee River through Kentucky Lake. Kentucky Lake is 240 miles long and a great place to vacation and fish. It came to be when the Tennessee Valley Authority built locks and dams and created 9 mainstream lakes on the Tennessee River to develop this water resource. The colors were at a peak and would have been fantastic if it had been sunny, even so it was beautiful. We traveled about 60 miles and only saw a few fishing boats and 2 barges.




Pebble Isle Marina














Monday morning was even colder!!!!


It was 28 degrees and frost on the boat. There was also some fog over the water.























I thought once we got further south it would
warm up-
I'm still waiting!!!







We stayed 2 more days to have the oil changed on the engines. While Bob was busy with that
I used the courtesy van to go to Camden to get a new nose piece for my glasses. I think when
I washed them one of them went down the drain! Thank goodness I had my old glasses with
me. The people managing the marina are exceptionally nice. We had homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast one morning. It is very quiet here right now so the restaurant isn't open but we get little complimentary things.
Weather permitting we are taking off in the morning. Rain threat Tuesday changed our plans and could on Wednesday. We have been very lucky on most of the trip with the weather and can't complain.

No comments: